Friday, April 17, 2009

Operation

Operation by Rae

Cut me open sew me up.
Take everything but my heart
For it is the only thing that I need

I walk through the rain with my scars.
The thunder chases me.
BOOM!!!BOOM!!!CRASH!!!!
It screams.
Falling on my knees I wonder if I’ll make it home.

I thought I wouldn’t feel my heart anymore.
If everything else was taken out.
But pounds hard against my chest
Bum bum bum bum bum bum.
It beats like a drum.
It sounds like a song.
The song that I wrote.

Waiting to fall asleep.
I am empty except for my beating heart
It mocks me.
Silently it laughs at my pain.

I ask my friend to play doctor.
“Lets play doctor please, this mocking heart must stop.”
My friends answers with a sigh.

As my operation begins the thunder Shrikes.
BOOM!!!BOOM!!!!CRAH!!!!
My friend falls I look to the sky.
And ask why.
Why must I feel this pain?.
The rain answers my question.

I smile the tiniest smile.
It is the only one since the operation.
The thunder quiets. The rain stops drowning my friend.
My friend disappears.

I walk outside. Open to everything.
A warm light touches my pale scared skin
My smile gets wider.
My black hair turns the golden brown.
My gray eyes become blue.
My old black cloths.
Turn blue and yellow.

My scars disappear in the time I take,
To tend to my happiness.
It was hidden under everything.
I painted.
I painted a pretty picture.
I should have painted the truth.
Swish swish swish,
My paint brush paints.
It touches the unfinished.
Picture of myself.
Now with a smile on my face.
My mocking heart.
Hums my lullaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi i'm Rae I love blogging I am labeled as emo but I like to say that i'm just myself I am not in any real school i am cyber schooled I have a second degree black belt in taekwondo so mess with me and i'll kick your ass